Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lab 2- Olympic Shape Tage


This week at St. Mary's was amazing!!It was Olympic theme week and I was working with the Pre-K group. We read a book, sung the alligator song and made GOLD medals for all the students to wear. My game was called Olympic Shape Tag and the kids had a blast playing it. This tag game allowed me to incorporate some non-locor motor skills for the kids to perform like, bending, balancing on one foot, and twisting. I was also able to keep the Olympics theme for this game by having them for example bend like an ice skater and balance on one foot. This was challenging for all the kids but they really seemed to enjoy it. We also got a chance to observe two kindergarten kids at the beginning of the lab, that allowed us to look at three locomotor skills (running, galloping, and hoping). This lab went very well and I'm very excited to go back to St. Mary's for Lab #3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment